The Municipality of Clare wishes to announce that Access Nova Scotia’s Digby office now offers the Property Online land registration service. For a nominal fee, visitors can search the Property Online database for land ownership information, including property maps for the entire province.
Many thanks to Gordon Wilson, Member of the Legislative Assembly for Clare-Digby, for his support in bringing this service back to the area.
For more information on the Property Online land registration service, visit the Access Nova Scotia Digby office (338 Highway 303, Digby), or go to https://novascotia.ca/sns/access/land/property-online.asp.
Temporary closure of the Clare Health Centre
Main floor only From 12:00 p.m. Friday October 5, 2018 to 8:00 a.m. October 11, 2018
The Clare Health Centre (main floor) will be closed as of noon Friday, October 5, 2018 to 8:00 a.m. Thursday, October 11, 2018.
This closure is necessary in order to change our electronic medical records to a new system.
- Ensure all your prescriptions are up to date.
- Call 902-645-2829 for information about on-call services.
- During this period of time, report to the emergency room for urgent medical problems, or call 911 for emergencies. For medical advice dial 811.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we go through this transition.
Dear Residents of Clare,
The Municipality of Clare, Vélo Baie Sainte-Marie and its community partners are excited once again to be organizing the Gran Fondo Baie Sainte-Marie cycling event on Sunday, September 23, 2018!
Why a Gran Fondo?
Gran Fondo is a fun cycling event that extends our tourist season, combines a healthy lifestyle, outdoor recreation and Acadian hospitality into an unforgettable experience for participants. We are now the largest cycling event east of Quebec! Gran Fondo Baie Sainte-Marie strives for continuous improvement and sustainability by reinvesting revenues, if any, from one year's event into the next. Our event creates a significant amount of economic activity in Clare and throughout the region. Everyone benefits!
How will traffic be affected?
We are working closely with the RCMP and NS Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal to develop a traffic control plan to safely start the event at the Vélo Baie Sainte-Marie bike shop in Saulnierville (9976 Highway 1, Saulnierville). Traffic will be temporarily restricted from passing on Highway 1 from Eustache Comeau Rd. to in front of the bike shop from 8 am to 10 am (except in the case of local traffic and emergency vehicles). The same detour will be in place heading west at Patrice Road. Please use Highway 101 for travel when possible.
- The 161 km Super Gran starts at 8:30 am, the 118 km Gran Fondo at 8:45 am, 67 km Medio Fondo at 9:00 am and 35 km Piccolo at 9:15 am. The Start/Finish will be at the Vélo Baie Sainte-Marie bike shop.
- Please drive carefully as there will be 950+ cyclists enjoying our incredible scenery and culture!
- There will be a motorcycle escort for each ride as well as lead and sweep vehicles (motorcycles and trucks with amber lights) for the duration of the event.
- There will be a moving closure plan with the assistance from the local fire departments where vehicles driving onto Highway 1 will be held back while cyclists pass (8:15 am to 9:45 am) at all intersections along Highway 1 between Vélo Baie Sainte-Marie bike shop and Patrice Road in Church Point. Volunteers will be situated at several intersections to assist cyclists in navigating key turns.
- It is expected that the Super and Gran Fondo rides will last for several hours until approximately 4 pm.
What is the best way to share the road with cyclists?
- Leave at least 1 metre (3 feet) of space when passing a cyclist.
- You may cross a yellow line to pass a cyclist if it is safe to do so. Only pass if there is no oncoming traffic. If you can’t pass safely, wait.
- Cyclists can’t always ride on the extreme right. Sometimes the edge of the road may be in poor condition or the cyclist may be preparing for a left turn.
How can I help?
Since 85% of the participants are from outside of Clare, let’s show off our famous Acadian hospitality! Please support the cyclists by cheering them on with our Acadian flags, cowbells and words of encouragement as they pass through Hwy 1, the 340, Second Division Rd and roads in between! During event day, tune into Radio CIFA (104.1 FM) for updates on where the cyclists are riding. Please see the attached map showing approximate times of when the lead cyclists will be passing by along the routes. If you own dogs, it would be appreciated that they be tied up. We encourage you to take photos and share!
Thank You! - The Gran Fondo Baie Sainte-Marie team
Due to unforeseen circumstances related to the installation of the Lost to the Sea monument, the official opening of the Cape Saint Mary Lighthouse Park and monument unveiling planned for May 17th will be postponed until further notice. Thank you for your understanding and your patience.
The Municipality of Clare is pleased to present a balanced budget in the amount of $9,417,735 for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
For the fifth consecutive year, the Municipality has balanced its budget with no increase to its residential tax rate of $1.04 per $100 of assessment or its commercial tax rate of $2.07 per $100 of assessment.
For a more detailed overview of the 2019-2020 municipal budget, please click on the following hyperlink:
Previous municipal budgets: