Monday to Thursday 8:00am - 5pm
Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
"Centre Dr. Lionel J. D'Entremont"
[COVID-19]: Notice from the Clare Health Centre - April 7, 2020
[COVID 19] Notice from the Clare Health Centre - March 16, 2020
On-call services are generally between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (except a few holidays: New Year's, Easter and Christmas). There is a limit on how many patients the doctor can see. You are encouraged to call the office early in the day to register.
The purpose of the on-call services is to offer access to patients of the region that require care for an acute problem.
Visits are to be limited to one problem in order to maximize the amount of clients that can be seen during the day.
Please see your family doctor for prescription renewals and for chronic or non-urgent conditions.
When all availabilities for the day have been filled, no additional patient will be seen.
Your options will then be as follows:
- Call 911 – for emergencies
- Proceed to the nearest emergency room – if serious condition or must be seen same day
- Call 811 for medical advice.
The upper level of the Clare Health Centre currently has 6 family physicians and a nurse practitioner as well as support staff. They work in a collaborative setting in order to provide their patients with quality primary care services. The physicians at our facility (and Dr. Comeau) also offer on-call services for patients with more urgent needs that cannot wait for the next available appointment or for those with no family doctor.
Currently, none of the physicians are taking new patients. For individuals and families in our community who do not have a regular family physician or nurse practitioner, please register at www.needafamilypractice.nshealth.ca or call 811, Monday to Friday, between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
The practice consists of:
- Michelle Dow GP and medical director
- Giselle Dugas GP
- Alain Blinn GP
- Jean-Luc Dugas GP
- Erica Lasher Coates GP
- Terrilee O’Connell - Nurse Practitioner
- Steven Baggs - Family Practice Nurse
For updated information regarding the On-call services, call 902-645-2829
- Digby Diabetes Centre: every second Friday, tel: 1-844-342-7984
- Outpatient Nutrition: once monthly, tel: 1-902-245-2502 ext. 3341
- Cardiovascular Clinic: once monthly, tel: 1-902-742-3542 ext. 1460
- Happy Feet Orthotics: every second Friday, tel: 1-902-749-2086 or toll free: 1-844-520-7273
The Clare Health Centre is equipped with a Telehealth unit that allow patients to meet with health care providers, such as the Halifax Rehabilitation Centre without having to travel to Halifax. Patients are able to freely converse back and forth with health care services that utilize this system via a safe, secure videoconferencing connection.
Public Health Services
Clare Office: 902-645-2325
General Inquiries: 902-645-3502
- Early Years Team: Prenatal education, Breastfeeding support, Infant and child health and wellness support
- Healthy Communities: Tobacco and alcohol reduction, Oral Health, Injury Prevention, Chronic disease prevention, Sexual health
- Communicable Disease Prevention and Control Education: data collection, reporting of common diseases, investigating outbreaks and immunization programs, Immunization record requests.
For more information:
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., calls can be transferred by dialling 902-645-2777.
Patients are to bring their Nova Scotia Health Card with them.
For more information (Yarmouth): 1-902-742-3542 ext. 1115
Clare Health Centre Foundation
The Clare Health Centre Foundation strives to raise the necessary funds as required by the Clare Health Centre, and use them where they are needed the most, for the purchase of up-to-date medical equipment. It is committed to the maintenance and enhancement of services at the Clare Health Centre through the administration of funds received through various activities, functions and gratuitous gifts.
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors made up of Community volunteers who administer the funds received to purchase equipment for which government funds are not available.
For more information about the Clare Health Centre Foundation, please go to https://chcfoundation.ca/.